Schatz Clock

Schatz Clock Models and History

Schatz 1000 day clock

Schatz 1000 day Clock

Schatz 1000 day Clock

The Schatz 1000 day clock was not a bold step forward because it just increased the time between winds.

They were able to increase the time from 400 days to 1000 by taking the 400 day movement and putting in a mainspring that held 2.5 times the energy.

You can tell when one was made by looking at the month and year stamp on the back of the movement.

SCHATZ 54 1000 DAY CLOCK SUSPENSION SPRINGS WIRES service repair parts
SCHATZ 54 1000 DAY CLOCK SUSPENSION SPRINGS WIRES service repair parts $14.99
Time Remaining: 1d 16h 41m
Buy It Now for only: $14.99
Schatz 1000 Day Anniversary Clock And Key For Repair
Schatz 1000 Day Anniversary Clock And Key For Repair $49.00 (1 Bid)
Time Remaining: 2d 6h 5m
Schatz Mainspring Anniversary 1000 day clock 21 x 50
Schatz Mainspring Anniversary 1000 day clock 21 x 50 $26.49
Time Remaining: 2d 12h 33m
Buy It Now for only: $26.49
SCHATZ 54 1000 ANNIVERSARY DAY CLOCK 0024 SUSPENSION SPRING WIRE TORSION
SCHATZ 54 1000 ANNIVERSARY DAY CLOCK 0024 SUSPENSION SPRING WIRE TORSION $10.99
Time Remaining: 3d 13h 42m
Buy It Now for only: $10.99
SCHATZ 1000 DAY ANNIVERSARY CLOCK GERMAN 1954
SCHATZ 1000 DAY ANNIVERSARY CLOCK GERMAN 1954 $100.00
Time Remaining: 4d 19h 39m
HOROLOVAR 21x50 MAINSPRING FOR SCHATZ 1000 DAY ANNIVERSAY CLOCK + FREE INSTRUCTI $26.49
Time Remaining: 4d 19h 39m
Buy It Now for only: $26.49

Tags: , ,

Tue, August 5 2008 » Schatz Clock Models

14 Responses

1. Ian Schiller November 1 2008 @ 3:38 pm

I just acquired a 400 day anniversary clock with the original instruction guide and key. Could you give me some more information on it? When they were made and any identifying features that will tell me the age of the clock would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jennifer Sweet May 15 2009 @ 8:59 pm

I just received a 1000 day Shatz Royal 1000 day clock, early model (glass on front & both sides). I have been informed it has a winding key. It did not come with a key. As my grandmother willed it to me & my mother gave it to me without mentioning a key I am sure there was not one.

I would truly love to see this clock working again as it did when I was a child. I turned it on after receiving it and it ran for hours, but it eventually stopped. Do I need a key to get it working again? To wind it? And if I do where can I procure one?

I appreciate any information anyone can give me. This is an important clock to me as it contains many memories of my childhood as well as my grandmother.

I was also wondering how much to insure it for. I would be crushed if something happened to it, but if tragedy struck, at least I would have the opportunity to send some money somewhere it could do some good.

Thank you in advance.
    Jennifer

3. Ken Wise May 21 2009 @ 7:19 pm

I have two Schatz Hanging Wall Clocks (Queen Anne) that have a quartz movement. They are from the 50s or 60s and I purchased them in Germany. One is a Tennis Racket and the other a fancy flower face. The tennis raquet stall works but the other one needs repair (perhaps a new movement)They look exaxtly the same as the one you call elexaxta
    Any idea where I can get repair or parts??

4. Katlin Schatz June 18 2009 @ 7:58 am

there is one thing ive been looking for and thats the background in my family and here i am on a website that has my name in it.

5. Mark June 18 2009 @ 8:56 am

That link has general clock dating information. Unfortunately I don’t have a Schatz specific database.

6. Mark June 18 2009 @ 9:03 am

http://www.dakotaclock.com/ does repairs. So does http://billsclockworks.com/repair/index.html

7. Afzal Chaudhri August 26 2009 @ 9:31 am

I have a 1000 Day wind; retangular like above. At the back of the Clock in a circle: A.Shatz & Sons 54 MAde in Germany
    also at the back is : Two (2) jewels unadjusted 7 57

on the bottom of the clock :
    Aug Schatz & Sohne. Made in Germany

It was given to me as a gift by friends in Kampala, Uganda, in March 1962.
    The Clock has moved well over dozen homes with me in many countries.

I am having trouble to get it working, perhaps it is not standing on a LEVEL surface.

Afzal Chaudhri
    Manchester
    U.K.

8. Glen Gardner November 25 2009 @ 6:52 pm

I bought a schatz clock that has a dark red face with a man and woman on it. it is8 1/2″ tall and there is a screw through the glas top to connect it to the dome.
    Anyone know anything about it.
    Thanks

9. kon February 7 2010 @ 11:54 am

Hello. I’am from Greece. I’am intersting for a clock Schatz and Sohne Germany model “59″. It has a two-jewel 8-day movement,

10. rousseau March 8 2011 @ 4:31 am

j ai un circuit pour pendule elexacta de schatz modele queen anne
    et pour le balancement la carte ne fonctionne plus n 173
    possibilite de repare ou changer????
    merci

11. LINDA BILINSKI May 6 2011 @ 5:21 pm

i have an 1000 day clock purchased in 1957 i have the instruction book and key i was just woundering how much it is worth can you tell me

12. richard moran September 12 2011 @ 1:40 pm

where can I get a ocean ships bell clock repaired? I’d rather send it to you guys if possible.

Thanks, Richard Moran
    941-720-6060

13. Eddie Prestidge January 9 2012 @ 10:10 am

Hello. i have a clock Schatz and Sohne Germany model “59″. It has a two-jewel 8-day movement,can you please tell me more about it value ect

14. Marie February 17 2013 @ 5:50 pm

I have a rare German Aug Schatz Sogn 1000 day 2 jewels unadjustable 54 mantel clock. I have a couple of questions for you.
    * what is the value of it?
    * should I ckean it. And if so with what? I cant tell if it’s brass or not.
    * is there supposed to be a key to wind it up?
    Any information you can give me is greatly appreciated.